When you visit the MyronCandles web site (“http://www.myroncandles.com”), we want you to be assured that we make every effort to respect your personal privacy. The purpose of this policy is to inform you on every aspect of data gathering, from why we do it, how we do it and then what we do with it.
Ownership of Information
MyronCandles is the sole owner of any information collected. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from that disclosed in this statement.
In our company, Dibs, located in Athens, Greece,Peiraious.(VAT registration number:800788663, tax office: KALLITHEAS), we fully respect our clients and the protection of your privacy is our first priority.
This General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been established by us in order to inform you about our company’s policy regarding any information you provide us with, so that you are fully aware of the way it will be processed, the purpose of collecting it, by whom it will be processed, as well as the steps to follow if/when you would like to exercise your legal rights.
In MyronCandles, our principle is to ensure the highest level of protection of your personal data, therefore we consider it our duty to inform you about our practices and choices, as well as all the rights you hold regarding the collection and processing of your personal data.
1.Our principles and values
- We fully respect our customers and make the protection of your privacy our company’s priority.
- Your personal data is handled in full transparency.
- We collect and process your data for lawful, legitimate, explicit and predetermined purposes only.
- We handle all our customers’ information as confidential, applying every technical and organizational means necessary for their protection.
- We will not share your personal data with a third party without your consent unless permitted by law or necessary for the performance of our agreement.
- In general, we fully respect regulations laid down by law and comply with all our responsibilities arising from it, as competent data controllers.
- What personal data do we collect?
The kind of personal data we collect depends on the type of services you would like us to provide you with. Specifically, within the framework of the current transaction through this web platform we collect the following data:
- Personal information such as name, surname, gender, VAT identification number etc.
- Contact information such as phone numbers, postal address, e-mail address and fax number
- How do we collect your personal data?
- Electronically, when you fill in the form on our website or in the e-shop to proceed to an order of a product
- By phone, when you contact an associate to order or buy one of our products
- When you contact us to subscribe or manage your subscription on our website
- How do we use the information you give us?
We use the information you give us in various ways- it always depends on the kind of information you give us. The tables below clearly explain what we do with this information, as well as the reasons we do it.
How we use your personal and contact information
Serving your purchase
We collect this data
· in order to carry out your purchases (it is impossible to carry out a purchase if we do not use your personal and contact information)
· in order to issue and forward you the bill for your purchase
· in order to ensure the warranty for our products and services as cited in our transaction
Sending messages via e-mail or SMS
We collect this data in order to inform you on the status of your order, for example, the date your order will be delivered to you
Sending information related to our new products and services via e-mail or SMS
We collect this data to inform you about any new products and updated services you may be interested in
*we will need your consent for this action
Verification of identity of a client’s data
We collect this data:
· to prevent any mistakes while carrying out your order
· to provide you with important information, for example updates or changes concerning your order until its completion
· to contact us via e-mail, fax, telephone or other means, for any matter arising out of the performance of our agreement, including response to your questions or complaints concerning our products and services provided
· to manage changes, cancellations, refunds and settle any problems that may occur regarding your order in case of an irregular development of our contractual relation
We keep data that you provide us with when you make an order whether by telephone, via our web platform or through your physical presence at our store
How we use your data based on the history of your orders
Serving your purchases
We collect this data to complete the transaction between you and us and to fulfill your order in the best way possible
Providing customer service and support
We collect this data in order to offer you the best kind of services and support when you contact us
We collect data when you log in to your account on our website concerning your gender information
How we use your gender information
Promoting our products
We collect this data to improve your experience of shopping through our site due to the fact that some of our products and services are addressed to a specific gender. In this way you will be able to get information on products and services designed especially for you
Collecting data on email accounts or correspondence in case of draws and contests
How we use your data in contests and draws
We use your data for you to be able to participate in specific draws and contests
Unless we use it, you will not be able to participate and therefore have the opportunity to win
You are not obliged to provide us with any of the above information. However, if you do not wish to share data marked as necessary with us, you may not be able to complete your order. In any case, this is your personal choice and we respect that.
- For what purposes do we collect and process your personal data?
We collect and process your personal data, as well as data concerning any of your purchases through our web platform in order to be able to process transactions including executing your payments, issuing bills, informing you on the status of your orders and delivering the purchased products or services requested. Also, to manage, customize, provide and improve our services and business activities, as well as your shopping experience.
Your personal information is collected and processed only for the purposes mentioned above, which are considered necessary for the performance of our agreement. We will only collect and use personal information which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and to assist us to administer our business and provide you with the services you request. The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests and to protect our rights before any Court and any Authority, as well as for court decision performance and compliance purposes or the provisions of Law, Directives, Regulations, circulars.
In addition, if you wish to, according to the consent form that accompanies this statement, our company may use your personal information to promote products and services through SMS messages, phone, e-mail, fax and/or any other means of communication.
- Who do we disclose and/or transmit your personal data to?
In order to facilitate the attainment of our objectives, which are referred to in 4 and 5 sections above, we may need to provide, disclose, share or grant access to your personal data to third parties. In this case, a third party may be:
- partners and associates providing services such as data hosting, data storing or other services that support the operation of our e-shop’s activities
- companies we associate with to complete your purchases such as shipping and delivery service providers
- public authorities and organizations, lawyers and law firms authorized to obtain your personal data on the basis of the applicable law such as law enforcement authorities in the event of a request being made by the authority on the appropriate legal basis
- successors, in case of sale, disposal, winding up, liquidation of our company
- How do we safeguard the protection of your personal data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to ensure the proper use and integrity of the collected personal data and to prevent unauthorized or random access, processing, deletion, distortion or other use, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The information provided by our users is processed and stored using appropriate security measures in accordance with the requirements set by law and regulations.
- How long do we keep your personal data for?
We retain your personal data only for the time that is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data was collected, for example until the completion of your purchase. We will retain your personal data as long as you keep an account on our website. Personal data may be stored for longer if such an obligation arises from the provisions of law or if it is necessary according to our policy, for example appropriately processed transactions, refunds etc. In this case, your data will be retained even after the completion of your purchase and until you unsubscribe from your account on our website. Afterwards, any personal data will be deleted from our files and system according to our company’s policy and as long as it is not required for any of the reasons mentioned above or any legal, tax related or accounting purposes or for the protection of our rights before any Court or any Authority.
- What are your rights?
As our customers you have the right to request and to be given access, information and a copy of your personal data that we collect and process.
In particular, you have:
- the right to be informed on the way your personal information is used (like the notice present here!)
- the right to access any kind of personal information we have collected about you
- the right to request the deletion of your personal data or in some cases, to discontinue its collection or processing
- the right to request the correction or completion of your personal data in case you realize that some of it is inaccurate or incomplete
- the right to request to discontinue sending messages via SMS or sending newsletters, as well as the right to revoke your consent (wholly or partially) and oppose to the collection and processing of your personal data by our company for any purposes at any time
- the right to request the transfer of your data (wholly or partially) either to you or to a third party
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data, in Greece http://www.dpa.gr/
If you wish to receive a copy of part or of all of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details of our company listed on section 10 (How to contact us).
In any case, we wish to ensure the accuracy of your personal data. Therefore, in case you realize that some of your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, do not hesitate to request the correction or completion of it.
Furthermore, we would like to inform you that you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if it is: (a) no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes of our contractual relation, (b) unlawfully processed and beyond the purposes of our contractual relation described in detail here, (c) required by Law.
Moreover, you have the right to revoke your consent (wholly or partially) and oppose to the collection and processing of your personal data by our company. In this case, you should take into consideration that a possible revocation of your consent may result in the termination of our transaction.
In any case, you have the right to appeal to the Personal Data Protection Authority ( www.dpa.gr ) if you consider yourself wronged by the processing of your personal data.
In case of a personal data breach in the database of this website or the database of a third party processing personal information, our company, as the controller, will – within 72 hours after having become aware of it- notify the personal data breach to the supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data, as long as there is evidence that data stored in identifiable form has been stolen or infringed in any way.
10.How to contact us
We always like to hear from our customers! (especially if you feel neglected or entitled to better service)
In case you:
- would like us to discontinue using your information
- would like to exercise any of your rights as described above, or make a complaint
please do not hesitate to contact our customers support team which will be happy to answer any questions you might have. For more information or clarifications concerning our company’s policy for the protection of your personal data, contact us either by post at the address listed in the contact information below or via email at the address here
If you would like, you can send us your questions and/or comments in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Consent to processing personal data
According to the above stated policy, I clearly declare that I wish and consent to MyronCandles collecting and processing my personal data in order to promote products and services via SMS, telephone, e-mail, fax, correspondence, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels.
Cookies are pieces of data stored on your hard drive concerning a current or previous web experience, such as a username/password combination used to gain access to some areas of the site or other services. We may use a cookie to record previously established interests and preferences (via data submitted to us) so as to enhance the experience whilst using our site. Because the cookie is client side, i.e. on your hard drive, your privacy is in no way compromised.
You may deactivate cookies in your web browser, or reject the creation of a cookie depending on your personal preferences. If you do so then our web site functionality may be compromised and certain services may not be available.
IP Address Information
Each time you access information then we record what you access and the IP address you use to access the data. An IP address is a unique identifier given to you by your Internet provider when you connect to the Internet. This may differ each time you connect or be permanently assigned depending on your arrangements.
We use these addresses to track your movements, analyse broad trends such a geographical location and by such improve our quality of service.
IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We shall also store your browser version to detect trends on what browsers people prefer. We may from time to time share information gathered in this way with our partners. This information is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Links to Other Sites
This web site may contain links to other sites. MyronCandles cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. Please do not assume that other sites abide by our privacy standards.
Security of Collected Data
MyronCandles takes every sensible precaution to protect the information we collect from our users. Access to this information is protected both online and off-line.
Site and Service Updates
We may use information collected to periodically send our users announcements and product updates via email.web site (“http://www.myroncandles.com”), we want you to be assured that we make every effort to respect your personal privacy. The purpose of this policy is to inform you on every aspect of data gathering, from why we do it, how we do it and then what we do with it.